13 February, 2012

Phone Rooting

For those not from New Zealand or Australia, rooting is a euphemism for sex here.

So wanting to get some awesome ICS goodness for my Galaxy S, I went to root the phone, using the instructions a friend emailed me. This is the sort of thing people assume I'm good at, but computers have always been the downfall of my Geek Fu (which is why I've signed up for Code Academy, but more on that in a later post)

So anyway. Followed the instructions to the letter, everything worked... Till I turned on my phone. Some of the annoying bloatware had gone, but then again, so had all my apps, texts, and other such things. Since I'd backed up my photos and know which apps I have and have all my contacts through google it wasn't too much of a biggie, but it's still a bit annoying.

Ah well, worse things happen at sea. I must dash, I've got to get this thing sorted. Plus the dog is jumping on my door trying for attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment